Musicpage Membership Privacy
A. PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
- Except as set forth in this policy, we don't share, sell or otherwise distribute your information with third parties.
- All data entered into your profile (first name, last name, gender, birthdate, country, address, city, state, zip code, time zone, home phone number, cell phone number, Myspace address, Facebook address, Twitter address, email address, biography, photos, work skills, work history) will be displayed to all MPP users with the exception of your birthdate, email address and any data you elect to lock. You can update your profile’s content by pressing the your Profile tab at the top of any page while you are signed in.
- You can lock your profile’s data by pressing the Your Settings tab at the top of the page while signed in to your profile then setting that data to 'Show to VIPs.'
- If you lock any data on your profile, it will only be displayed to the user’s you have added to your VIP list.
- Musicpage may provide third parties your information if you elect to share that information with said company by clicking any “send me more info” or buttons with related language found in the Musicpage online community.
- Account and login information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- We don't send unsolicited communications for marketing purposes, but may send information regarding Musicpage. We will NEVER ask you to confirm your profile’s information or password via email. If anyone asks for this information, do not respond to their email. Forward the message to [email protected].
- We offer email anonymization & relay, to reduce third party harvesting & spam.
- We do not display any email addresses in the Musicpage online community (with the exception of print publication press release addresses and Stolen Instrument Reports) because we detest spam. Subsequently we suggest our users do not include their email address in the text of their profile.
- Our forums use basic web server authentication. Quit your browser to log out.
- Musicpage does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 16. If Musicpage learns that a posting or profile has been created by a person under the age of 16, Musicpage will at its sole discretion remove that post or profile.
- Musicpage does not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from persons under the age of 16. If Musicpage learns that a posting or profile has been created by a person under the age of 16, Musicpage will at its sole discretion remove that post or profile.
- Musicpage, or people who post or create profiles on Musicpage, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
B. Data we store
- We DO collect and store your email address, for purposes such as setting up your profile, sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
- For classifieds or job postings, we may collect contact information, such as name(s), phone/fax number(s), and address for billing purposes.
- Musicpage does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway provider, and we endeavor to protect the security of your transaction / payment information during any transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any unlocked personal information you do not want viewed by Musicpage’s users on your profile, Musicpage's forums or any other area of the Musicpage online community.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to solve problems with our server, administer the Musicpage online community, and otherwise provide our service to you.
C. Data we store
- All profiles, classified, announcements, gig swaps and forum postings may be stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may at Musicpage’s sole discretion be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely but may be purged due to size or system restraints after a reasonable period of time.
- Registered job posters can access and update their account information through their account or profile page.
- To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you transmit through the use of the Musicpage online community, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
D. Archiving and display of Musicpage postings by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with Musicpage – including archive.org, google.com, groups.yahoo.com and MSN - archive or otherwise make available Musicpage postings, including resumes and other posted data.
E. Circumstances in which Musicpage may release information
- Musicpage may disclose information about users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- We may share your personally identifiable information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Musicpage online community, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also provide non-personally dentifiable Musicpage online community visitor information to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
F. International Users
Although Musicpage is currently designed only for US based artists and music professionals, we may expand our site at a later time to include areas outside of the United States. By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Musicpage we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
We welcome your questions and comments on this document. To provide feedback press the blue Feedback tab located on the right side of every page in the community.