Musicpage Advertiser Policy
Our goal is to ensure that all advertising that displays on Musicpage is appropriate and suitable for our users. To achieve this goal, Musicpage has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of these guidelines and policies and all other issues associated with advertising on Musicpage.
We advise all advertisers to show good judgement when considering the content of their advertising banner.
1. Acceptance and Refusal of Ads
Musicpage may refuse, reject and/or remove advertisements at any time for any reason as determined in Musicpage’s sole and absolute discretion. Although user feedback will be considered in regard to removal of any ad that is deemed inappropriate, Musicpage has sole discretion for determining the types of advertising that will be accepted for Musicpage, and under no circumstances shall Musicpage’s acceptance of any advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes such product(s) or service(s).
2. Obligation to Review Content
Advertiser agrees that Musicpage shall have no obligation or responsibility to review, and that advertiser shall be solely responsible for, advertisements (including the content thereof) and other materials submitted to Musicpage. Advertiser shall be solely responsible for any and all claims, actions, losses, liability, damages, costs and expenses arising out of or relating to the publication or placement of its advertisements and the contents thereof, including without limitation any third party or governmental claims relating thereto.
- All banners must be 190 pixels wide and 600 pixels tall.
- All banners must be in jpeg format.
- Banners may not consist of flash or animation (Animated gifs).
- Banners that attempt to override the system to manipulate their display size, format or insertion of flash or animation may result in the removal of your advertising privileges.
- Any banner that does not confirm with these exact format requirements will be deleted.
4. Restricted Content
- Ads must be factually accurate and must not be false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive.
- Ads must not contain fraudulent, deceptive, hateful, vulgar or offensive material, including, without limitation, material that misrepresent, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or handicap.
- All ads, and the targeting of such ads, relating to alcoholic beverages must comply with all federal, foreign, state and local laws and regulations and required or recommended industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals, including, without limitation, all applicable required or recommended disclaimers, notices and warnings.
- Ads cannot contain, facilitate, promote or reference (i) defamatory, libelous, slanderous and/or unlawful content, or (ii) 'spam' or other content that violates applicable laws or regulations.
5. Compliance with Law
It is the responsibility of the advertiser to comply with all applicable federal, state, local and foreign laws, including applicable laws and regulations of regulatory bodies.
- Ads must clearly represent the company, product or brand that is being advertised.
- Ads must not include unsubstantiated claims, including but not limited to prices, discounts or product availability.
- Ads shall not attempt to give the false impression that it is coming from Musicpage or is an “official” Musicpage announcement or directive.
- Ads shall not attempt to look like a part of the Musicpage page structure.
7. Data and Privacy
- Unless authorized by Musicpage, your ads may not display user data.
- You may not give data you receive from Musicpage to any third party.
- Without user consent, you may not use user data which you receive from Musicpage or which you collect through running an ad, including without limitation information you derive from targeting criteria, for any purpose other than in respect to uses on Musicpage.
8. Landing pages
- Landing pages cannot generate a pop-up (including "pop-overs" and "pop-unders") when a user enters or leaves the page.
- Landing pages cannot use "fake" close behavior (i.e. when a user clicks the 'close' icon on the page, the page should close down and no other action should result).
- Ads must send users to the same landing page when the ad is clicked.
- Landing pages cannot utilize "mouse trapping" whereby the advertiser does not allow users to use their browser "back button" and traps them on their site or presents any other unexpected action (such as navigation to another advertisement, site or webpage).
- Ads cannot require viewers to click on the ad to submit personally identifiable information on the landing page or in the ad, except to enable an ecommerce transaction and where the ad and landing page clearly indicate that a product is being sold.
9. Prices and Offers
- You must only offer products or services which are readily available for purchase at the advertised price (with noted tax and delivery fees). The advertising must also clearly identify the advertiser. Any advertising that could be misconstrued as editorial content will be clearly labeled as advertising.
- If an ad includes a price, discount, or “free” offer, (i) the destination URL for the ad must link to a page that clearly and accurately offers the exact deal the ad has displayed, and (ii) the ad must clearly state what action or set of actions is required to qualify for the offer.
- Ads must not contain or link directly or indirectly to a site that contains spyware and/or malware downloads, whether initiated automatically or manually by the user, or other auto-initiated downloads.
Ads cannot contain or link to a site that facilitates or promotes:
- Collection of demographic and usage information from a user's computer without the user's express consent;
- Collection or request of Musicpage usernames or passwords from any user;
- Proxying Musicpage usernames or passwords for the purpose of automating logins to the Musicpage site;
- Any software that results in an unexpected user experience, including without limitation software which (i) "sneaks" onto a user's system and performs activities hidden to the user, (ii) may alter, harm, disable or replace any hardware or software installed on user's computer without express permission from the user, (iii) is bundled as a hidden component of other software whether free or for fee, (iv) automatically downloads without Musicpage's express prior approval, (v) presents any download dialog boxes without a user's express action, or (vi) may violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including without limitation copyright, trademark, patent or any other proprietary right.
11. Intellectual Property Rights
- Ads cannot include any content that infringes upon the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights.
- You hereby grant to Musicpage a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, perform, reproduce, display, transmit and distribute all advertisements and all contents therein, including your trademarks and logos.
12. Advertiser's Representations and Warranties
You represent and warrant at all times that you: (i) hold all necessary rights, licenses and consents to permit the use of the advertisements by Musicpage, and (ii) that the use, reproduction, distribution, transmission or display of advertisements, any data regarding third parties, and any material to which third parties can link, or any products or services made available to third parties, through advertisements: (a) is not and will not be defamatory, libelous, obscene, indecent, or illegal; (b) does not and will not violate any right of confidentiality, privacy or publicity of any third party; and (c) does not and will not violate any copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property right of any third party. You also acknowledge that information gathered by Musicpage, and available to you, can be used to target, measure and traffic advertisements in many different ways and based on many difference types of data. You represent and warrant that you will not use any data you receive as a result of advertising on Musicpage in a way or for any purpose that infringes or misappropriates any third party's copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other rights.
13. Limitations Of Liability
- MUSICPAGE MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES IT IS TO PROVIDE, ANY ADVERTISING OR ANY DATA SUPPLIED, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
- Musicpage shall not be liable to you, or any other third party, for any liability, loss, cost, damage or expense incurred in connection with the unavailability or inoperability of the site, the Internet, technical malfunction, computer error or loss or corruption of data, or other injury, damage or disruption of any kind related thereto. In no event shall Musicpage be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages, including, without limitation, loss of profits, or loss of business opportunity, even if such damages are foreseeable and whether or not Musicpage has been advised of the possibility thereof. Musicpage’s maximum aggregate liability shall not exceed the total amount paid by you to Musicpage for advertising services during the twelve (12) month period prior to the first date the liability arose.
You agree to indemnify and hold Musicpage and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries, representatives and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, losses, damages, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements) arising out of or relating to any breach of any of your representations, warranties, covenants or obligations set forth in this Advertising Policy and Guidelines.