The Bourbon Street Blues Fest was started in 2006 by Sean Francis, Greg Starr & Mike Trudel in an effort to raise money for the construction of the Valley View School Playground. Working with the Lebanon Township Education Foundation, the Blues Fest Committee was responsible for raising over $60,000 for this project.
Upon completion of the playground, The Blues Fest Committee decided to continue with the event, with the goal to benefit many other organizations and projects throughout the community. Bourbon Street Blues Fest Inc. was established as a Non-For-Profit 501(c)3 Organization. Every year the profit from the festival goes back into the community in the form of donations to local community charities, organizations and projects.
To date The Bourbon Street Blues Festival has donated over $160,000 back into the community.
Below are just a few organizations and projects that have received donations from the Bourbon Street Blues Fest:
· Lebanon Twp Education Foundation
· Voorhees HS Music Association
· Voorhees HS Students for Change
· Voorhees HS Activities Account
· Voorhees HS Track and Field Booster Club
· Voorhees Viking Cheerleading Association
· Voorhees Community Athletic Foundation
· Knights of Columbus
· Lebanon Twp Volunteer Fire Department
· Lebanon Twp Athletics Association
· Voorhees Junior Vikes Football
· Arc of Hunterdon County
· Bunnvale Public Library
· Lebanon Twp Memorial Park
· Valley View School Playground Project
· Califon Volunteer Fire Department
· Califon Preservation Committee
· New Jersey Arts Collaborative
· Lebanon Twp Boy Scouts
· Lebanon Twp Cub Scouts
· Lebanon Twp Girl Scouts
The Bourbon Street Blues Fest would not exist without the support and cooperation of our wonderful patrons who come out every year rain or shine (Thank you), numerous community organizations, local businesses, sponsorships and the over 400 residents who volunteered their time to ensure its success.
Our volunteer board members may have changed over the years, but our mission has always stayed the same: Put on a wonderful event and raise money to benefit our community and our community’s children. Each year we plan the Bourbon Street Blues Fest with the hope that it will be better and even more successful than in previous years.
A big thank you to all those who have supported us over the years.
Bourbon Street Blues Fest Inc.
Current Blues Fest Committee Members:
Bob Tabor, Greg Starr, Elyse Fiers, TJ Maxwell, Frank Ranallo & Ray Gallagher